Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter and grants form part of this Grant Competition's Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Grant Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Each month, during the applicable promotional period, individuals will have a chance to win a $5,000 grant for their nominated charity or organisation ("Grantee") from the Promoter by submitting their 'dream that makes the world a better place' on the sunsuperdreams.com.au website. Each entry will be eligible to receive votes by visitors to the website. The entry with the highest number of valid votes at the end of each round (as defined in clause 5 below) will be declared a winning entry and $5,000 will be granted to the nominated Grantee.
- In addition, from time to time the Promoter may award an additional bonus $5,000 grant or grants during each Round of the Promotion. The method for entering and winning any bonus grant, including any eligibility criteria and entry dates, will be publicised on the sunsuperdreams.com.au website, prior to and/or during the same period in which the additional bonus grant/s will be awarded. The Promoter may also choose to award additional bonus grant prize/s during any round of the Promotion to any Grantee of their choice, at its own discretion.
- Notwithstanding the above clause, the Promoter will also hold a 'Sunsuper Staff Voting Bonus Round' during Round 33. The Sunsuper Staff Voting Bonus Round will open and close on the dates outlined in clause 6 below. All entries submitted during the Sunsuper Staff Voting Bonus Round will be judged by Sunsuper staff members and the best valid entry (based on the dream that is the most deserving) will also win a $5,000 grant for their nominated charity or organisation. The same entrant is not eligible to win the Round 33 grant and the Sunsuper Staff Voting Bonus Round grant. Previous grant winners are eligible to enter the Sunsuper Staff Voting Bonus Round.
Eligibility to submit a 'dream for a better world' entry
- Entry into each round is open to both Sunsuper members and non-Sunsuper members who are residents of Australia and are 18 years of age or older at the commencement of the round.
- Entries/votes for each round open and close on the dates and time outlined in the table below. All times stated in these Terms and Conditions are as applicable in NSW. The Promoter may add Rounds to this clause 5 of the Terms and Conditions at its discretion. In addition, if any previous Round of the Sunsuper Dreams Promotion has ended the Promoter may at its discretion remove details for such Rounds from any table included in this clause 5 of the Terms and Conditions.
20.11.2013, 5:00:00 pm (AEST)
01.12.2013, 12:00:01 am (AEST)
17.12.2013, 4:59:59 pm (AEST)
31.12.2013, 4:59:59 pm (AEST)
- Previous winners of a Sunsuper Dreams grant, are not eligible to submit another dream. (unless otherwise specified by the Promoter, e.g. if the Promoter opens entry for a bonus grant to previous entrants including previous winners).
- Sunsuper employees (and their immediate families), and the employees (and their immediate families) of agencies associated with this Grant Competition are ineligible to submit an entry.
Submission of entry
- To enter, individuals must, during the applicable promotional period, visit sunsuperdreams.com.au, click on the 'Submit a dream' tab, follow the on-screen prompts to input all of the requested details, including a short title for their entry in 50 characters or less which also summarises their dream that relates to an Australian-based cause, a category for their dream from the drop down list provided, a description of their 'dream that makes the world a better place' in 300 words or less, upload an image or short video to support their dream description, provide their full name, contact telephone number and valid email address, provide the details of their nominated Grantee (i.e. charity or organisation) who they would like the Promoter to donate a $5,000 grant (should they be deemed a winning entrant) agree to the Terms and Conditions and submit the fully completed entry form ("Entrant"). The Entrant cannot nominate themselves to receive the $5,000 grant.
- During specific periods within the promotional period, as notified by the Promoter on the promotional website, the Promoter will allow eligible entrants to submit dreams relating to an international cause. In addition, during specific rounds the Promoter may decide to giveaway one or more additonal bonus $5,000 grant prizes. The method for entering and winning any bonus $5,000 grant, including any eligibility criteria, will be publicised on the sunsuperdreams.com.au website prior to and/or during the same period in which the additonal bonus $5,000 grant/s will be awarded. The Promoter may also choose to award additional $5,000 bonus grant prize/s during any round of the Promotion to any Grantee of their choice, as their own discretion.
- Uploaded files must not exceed 500KB file size. JPG, PNG and GIF format preferred for photo files. The Promoter recommends that the photo files be at least 500 pixels (wide) x 270 pixels (high) for best results.
- Subject to clause 6 above, entrants may submit multiple entries during each round, subject to the following: (a) each dream must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- All accompanying material must demonstrate how the dream can make a positive impact on the community. During the promotional period, all entries submitted will be moderated by the Promoter and any entry that breaches any of these Terms and Conditions (including those stated in clause 13 to clause 15 below) will not be uploaded onto the website.
- When Entrants submit any materials via the Grant Competition, including comments, photos and/or videos ("Content"), they, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, delete and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, Entrants indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- Each Entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry that is submitted by the Entrant contains Content that is an original work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- If this Grant Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Grant Competition, as appropriate.
- Entry/voting in this Grant Competition is free of charge, however, any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Entrants's/voter's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Voting for dreams
- Voting for this Sunsuper Dreams Competition is open to both Sunsuper members and non-Sunsuper members whom are Australian residents. Entrants can also cast a vote for their favourite entry.
- Visitors to sunsuperdreams.com.au can vote for their favourite entry by clicking the 'vote' button under their favourite entry, during the promotional period. A pop-up will then appear on-screen prompting the voter to enter their name and email address.
- EACH PERSON MAY SUBMIT A MAXIMUM OF ONE (1) VOTE ONLY FOR EACH ENTRY/DREAM. THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS CANNOT BE USED MORE THAN ONCE TO SUBMIT A VOTE FOR A GIVEN ENTRY/DREAM.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies (and their immediate families) associated with this Grant Competition are ineligible to vote for a dream.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant (or invalidate his/her entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
- At the end of each round, the Entrant that receives the highest number of valid votes will be deemed a winning entry.
- In the event of a tie for the highest number of valid votes in a particular round, the Promoter will judge those tied entries to determine the winner. The Promoter's decision will be based on the tied dream it deems most deserving, at its absolute discretion. This same tie-break mechanic will be implemented in the case of a tie between entries eligible to win a bonus grant prize (where voting is conditional on winning such prize).
- The Grantee selected by each winning Entrant (that is deemed a winner in accordance with clause 23 only) at the time of entry will receive a $5,000 grant, donated by the Promoter.
- Winning entrants for any bonus grant prize, will also receive a $5,000 grant for their Grantee (as nominted at the time of entry).
- The grant is subject to the following conditions: (a) the grant must go to the Grantee nominated by the winning Entrant at the time of entry; (b) the Promoter must approve of the nominated Grantee selected by each winning Entrant; and (c) the Grantee selected by each winning Entrant must be willing to accept the grant. In the event that the above mentioned criteria are not satisfied, the Promoter will: (i) award the grant to an alternative charity or organisation with similar charitable aims (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion), or (ii) award the grant to the Grantee nominated by the next highest ranked entry (based on voting) for that round (only applies if a winner is determined in accordance with clause 23 and for a winner of a bonus grant prize determined by voting); or (iii) in the case of bonus grant prize winners, determined by the Promoter in its is own discretion, the Promoter will award the prize to the Grantee nominated by the next best valid entry eligible for the $5,000 bonus grant prize.
- Each winning Entrant and their nominated Grantee will be notified by the Promoter by phone within three business days of the close date for their relevant round. Written confirmation will be mailed to the winning Entrant and their nominated Grantee by the Promoter. The $5,000 grant will be awarded via electronic funds transfer (EFT) to the nominated Grantee and not to the winning Entrant who submitted the entry. Payment will only be made to a charity or organisation, and no payment will be made to a personal bank account. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winning Entrant by phone, email and/or letter in a reasonable amount of time, it will be declared an "unclaimed grant" and awarded to the Grantee of the Entrant with the second highest number of votes in that relevant promotional period (or the Grantee nominated by the next best entry, as determined by the Promoter, for any bonus grant prize awarded by the Promoter not based on votes).
- The Promoter may request a winning Entrant and/or Grantee to provide the Promoter with proof (i.e. photographs or videos) of the completed dream by the requested date, for the Promoter's records.
- As a condition of accepting a grant, the winning Entrant and/or their nominated Grantee must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or grant suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- All winning entries (that is, the first name of the individual who submitted the winning entry and the details of the winning entry) will be featured on the 'Dream Winners' page at sunsuperdreams.com.au, for the duration of the Grant Competition. All other entries will be removed from the website at the end of each round.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to all aspects of this Grant Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Grant Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winning entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries/votes, Entrants, voters and Grantees (including an Entrant's/voters/Grantees identity, age (if applicable) and place of residence/employment) and to disqualify any Entrant/voter who submits an entry/vote that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry/voting process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Incomplete, indecipherable entries or entries/votes that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed invalid, at the Promoter's absolute discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- In addition, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) may, at their sole discretion, remove an entry/vote that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions. If an entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, then that entry, regardless of the number of votes it has received, will be ineligible to receive a grant prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Grant Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or grant claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in offer value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a grant.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Grant Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and grant/service providers. Submission of an entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. Should an Entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter is Sunsuper Pty. Ltd. (ABN 88 010 720 840), as the trustee and issuer of the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921), of 30 Little Cribb Street, Milton QLD 4064, phone 13 11 84.